Monday, July 6, 2009

The 'Snow Wasp'- WWII German Self-Propelled Howitzer "Wespe"

This is my Tamiya 1/35 German Self-Propelled Howitzer "Wespe" painted in white camouflage scheme for the eastern campaign. airbrushed with flat white then heavily weathered for that real world battle field look. I've always liked winter battle schemes for my collection of WWII battle tanks and this is just one of them,if I'm not mistaken this model was finished maybe 5 years ago? I've got a few German WWII tanks half way done but I've really had no time & energy to pick up the airbrush lately so we'll see. So enjoy my Snow Wasp if you will.

The real deal, the Wasp's full designation was leFH 18/2 auf Fgst Kpfw II.*image taken off the web.


The SdKfz 124 Wespe (German for wasp) or (Leichte Feldhaubitze 18 auf Fahrgestell Panzerkampfwagen II) was a German self-propelled artillery vehicle developed and used during the Second World War. It was based on the Panzer II tank. *from wikipedia's full post on the Wespe click here.

As usual for the full gallery images of my 'Snow Wasp' you can check it out on my flickr page here.

No comments:

Post a Comment